Last Updated: April 8, 2022
G E A RY S. C O M P R I VA C Y P O L I C Y
If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights and choices, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below. If you are a California resident, see Section 8 (“California Privacy Rights”) below for additional information pursuant to California law, including information on how to submit requests that we not “sell” your personal information.
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We (or the vendors we hire to help us operate our business) collect and store the following categories of information that you provide:
- Identifiers, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address;
- Payment information, such as your credit card number, expiration date, card verification number, and billing address if you make a purchase; Credentials, such as username and password, and similar security information for account authentication and administration.
- Content, such as content within any messages you send to us (such as when you fill out the “Contact Us” form or send questions to customer support).
- Demographic data, such as your country of residence.
- Professional or employment-related information if you apply for a job, such as your resume/CV, work history, social/professional networking pages, and any other info you choose to submit with your job application.
You may choose to voluntarily submit other information to us through the Service that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
We also automatically collect information when you use our sites and services. The categories of information we collect automatically include the following:
- Internet or other electronic network activity and device data, including information about when you visit our website or interact with our emails or online ads and content. For example, we use tracking technologies like cookies and pixels to automatically collect information like device identifiers, IP address,, the type of device or browser and operating system you are using, your browsing and search history on our websites, what areas of the sites you visit and for how long, what products or content you view and click on, what site you came from to get to us and what site you go to when you leave us, imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level), and your interactions with our digital ads and content on other sites; and Commercial information, such as which products you browse, add to your cart, buy, or return;
The types of tracking technologies we use to automatically collect information include:
- Log Files, which are files that record events that occur in connection with your use of the website.
- Heat mapping, we use tracking technology that can create heat maps to visualize user behavior (for example, highlighting what parts of our website you viewed and did not view).
- Cookies, which are small data files stored on your device that act as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience and supporting security features. Additionally, persistent cookies allow us to bring you advertising off the website. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings.
2. H O W D O W E U S E Y O U R I N F O R M AT I O N ?
- To provide you with a more customized shopping experience. As noted below in the “Your Choices” section, you may choose to opt out of this customization;
- To provide, maintain, and improve our business, products, and websites; to fulfill orders and process transactions;
- To respond to your questions, concerns, and other requests for assistance; to keep you informed of changes to our website and legal terms;
- To conduct market research;
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities;
- To prevent and investigate fraud, criminal activity, security incidents, and misuses of our business;
- To comply with legal obligations and safeguard the rights, privacy, safety, and property of our company and our users; to evaluate applications for employment and employment-related purposes;
- To send marketing communications, such as notifying you about our and other entities’ special offers and products that may be of interest to you;
- To tailor and serve you ads about products and offers;
- To fulfill any other purpose at your direct;
- With notice to you and your consent;
3. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
- Directly from you – We collect information when you create an account, buy or return a product, sign up for our newsletter, apply for a job, or otherwise contact us.
- From your devices – As mentioned above, we use tracking technologies that work behind the scenes, like browser cookies, beacons, and pixels, to automatically collect information about you. We collect this information when you interact with our websites, our digital ads, and our emails that we or our vendors send to you.
- From suppliers we hire to work on our behalf – Suppliers who host or maintain our websites, provide cloud services, send emails or assist with customer support, provide market research or analytics, assist in order fulfillment, or process payments give us information about you.
- From other parties – We receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We work with other merchants, affiliates, business partners, marketing partners, data brokers, and social media platforms that may give us information about you. This includes updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
- We combine information you give us online, in our stores or through our catalogs. We also combine that information with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with our business partners and others. We use that combined information to enhance and personalize the shopping experience of you and others with us, to communicate with you about our products and events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional purposes.
To learn more about how we use the information we collect from these categories of sources please see the “How Do We Use Your Information” section above.
4. W H E N A N D H O W D O W E S H A R E Y O U R I N F O R M AT I O N?
Information sharing can provide a valuable opportunity to be introduced to new resources and products that are compatible with your interests and needs. It is important to note that in some cases we must share your personal information with one or more or our partners in order for you to receive their products or services. We share your information with the following parties:
- Service providers: We contract with companies or persons to provide certain services to help us operate our business, including credit card processing, direct order fulfillment, shipping, data management, customer service, analytics, website hosting, and promotional services. We may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Business partners, vendors, and advertising networks: We establish business relationships with other persons or entities to cross-reference and/or exchange information, including contact information about you that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you. These parties may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the “Analytics and Advertising” section below.
- Law enforcement: If we receive a lawful court order or request from law enforcement to release account or other personal information then we will comply with the law. We will also release information when necessary to protect the life, safety or property of GEARYS, our customers, our employees, and others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Mergers and Reorganization: We may share your information with another company in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, or sale of all or a portion of our assets. In such instances, your information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate or other entity surviving out of the event.
- We share information at your request or direction.
- We share information for other reasons we may describe to you from time to time as permitted by law and with your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share information about you, please see the “Your Choices” section below.
5. H O W D O W E P R O T E C T T H E S E C U R I T Y O F Y O U R I N F O R M AT I O N?
We take reasonable precautions designed to assure that your data is secure, and we work to protect the security of your information through a variety of measures. However, no system is completely secure and we cannot guarantee absolute security of the information we collect about you, just as the finest lock cannot guarantee physical security. It is also important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
7. Y O U R C H O I C E S
You have choices about how we use your information.
- You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To delete your name from our email contact lists, you can choose to unsubscribe using the “unsubscribe” option provided at the bottom of the email you receive, or you can contact us via email or postal mail and request using the contact information set out in the “Contact Us” section below to be removed from our mailing list. Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions.
- You can request to have your name removed from the catalog mailing list. To do so, please contact us via the e-mail or postal mail address listed in the “Contact Us” section below and let us know that you no longer wish to receive our catalog or other mailed promotional materials. We appreciate your patience while we process your request, and will make every reasonable effort to comply as quickly as possible. If you have already opted out, you do not need to opt out again; your information will not be used for purposes other than the customer service you have requested, unless you affirmatively ask to opt in again, in which case you will be opted in and will receive emails from us until you again request to be opted out.
- You can visit the account section of the Services to access, remove, or update certain account information we have on file about you and that you have submitted through the Services. Alternatively, you may use the contact information set out in the “Contact Us” section below to request that it be updated or removed. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that if you ask us to remove your information, we will remove it from consumer-facing parts of the Services but may continue to store and use the information for internal analytics purposes or as otherwise permitted under applicable law. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or data retention policies, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- You can control certain cookies and tracking tools on your browser. Most browsers have a “help” button or section on the toolbar to help explain how to change your cookie preferences. If you click on this button or section, you will find information about turning on and off cookies and how to receive notifications when a new cookie is received. If you block all cookies, certain functionality of our websites may be negatively impacted. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop. Choices you make are both browser- and device-specific, meaning that you should exercise your preference on each browser and on each device you use. If you clear cookies from your browser, you may need to exercise these choices again.
- While navigating on the Rolex section of our website, some cookies are controlled by ROLEX SA. which applies the following Cookies Policy.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our websites. You can opt-out of Google Analytics here.
- You can opt out of having your online behavior recorded and used for targeted advertising. To opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from participating companies, visit the opt-out mechanisms of the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative. Choices you make are both browser- and device-specific, meaning that you should exercise your preference on each browser and on each device you use. If you clear cookies from your browser, you may need to exercise these choices again. Opting out only means that the selected participants should no longer deliver certain targeted ads to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., in connection with the participants’ other customers or form other technology services).
- You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving targeted ads to you by going to your device settings and selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices).
- To opt-out of us using your information for Matched Ads, discussed below, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below and specify that you wish to opt-out of Matched Ads. Alternatively, you may directly contact the applicable technology service to opt-out.
8. D O N O T T R A C K
Some web browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals.
9. C A L I F O R N I A P R I VA C Y R I G H T S
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. In particular, you may request (i) a list of the categories of personal information disclosed by us to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes; and (ii) a list of the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such information. To make a request, please send us an email or write to us at the contact information listed below. Indicate in your letter or the subject line of your email that you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” inquiry. We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity.
If you reside in California, you can also make the following more specific requests with respect to your personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”):
- Access – You can request that we disclose to you the categories of personal information we collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information, the categories of personal information we sold or disclosed for a business purpose, our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information for a business purposes or sold, and the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you in the past 12 months.
- Deletion – You can request that we delete your personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Do Not Sell My Personal Information – You can request that we not sell your personal information by clicking Do Not Sell My Personal Information , emailing us at email@example.com or calling us at 800-227-6488. For purposes of the CCPA, “sell” means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, your personal information to an outside party for monetary or other valuable consideration, subject to certain exceptions.
GEARYS will not discriminate against you because you made any of these requests, including by denying goods or services to you, charging you different prices for goods or services, or providing a different level or quality of goods or services (or suggesting the same). None of the foregoing, however, prohibits us from charging you a different price, or from providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you or a person you authorize to act on your behalf may submit a request by clicking , emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 800-227-6488. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests. Except as otherwise provided by applicable California law, for purposes of these requests under this Section, personal information does not include information about job applicants, employees and other of our personnel; or information about employees and other representatives of the other entities we interact with.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps may vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us.
California residents may designate an authorized agent to make a request on their behalf. When submitting the request, please ensure the authorized agent is identified as an authorized agent. Prior to responding to any request made on your behalf by an authorized agent, we may require you to provide written confirmation directly to us that you have provided the authorized agent permission to submit such request(s) on your behalf.
Notice of Collection
We collect the following categories of personal information for our business or commercial purposes:
Financial incentives, as defined under the CCPA, include “programs, benefits, or other offerings, including payments to consumers as compensation, for the disclosure, deletion, or sale of personal information about them. Although we do not consider our discounts and offerings to be a “financial incentive,” each may be interpreted to be one under California law.
You can opt-in by submitting the requested personal information. You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us using the contact information below with “Opt-out of Financial Incentives” in the subject line.
We generally do not treat consumers differently if they exercise a privacy right under California law. However, you will need to provide some personal information in order to receive certain discounts or benefits. In such circumstances, we offer a price difference that is reasonably related to the value of your data to us in connection with the discount or benefit.
The price differences reflected in our discounts and offerings are provided based upon our reasonable determination of the estimated value of the data you provide to us, which takes into consideration a number of factors, including, among other things, our estimates regarding the anticipated revenue generated from such data and the actual and anticipated expenses that we incur in the collection, storage, and use of such data in connection with our discounts and offerings. If you choose to withdraw from our discounts and offerings or choose not to create an account with us, you can still continue to use the Services as a guest user.
10. C H I L D R E N’ S P R I VA C Y
GEARYS products and websites are intended for a general audience and not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information (as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act, or “COPPA”) from any child under the age of 13. If it is brought to our attention that we have inadvertently received personal information from a child under 13, we will promptly remove the personal information from our records in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998.
We do not knowingly “sell,” as that term is defined under the CCPA, the personal information of minors under 16 years old who are California residents.
11. L I N K S TO OTHER S I T E S A N D S E RV I C E S
12. ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
As mentioned above, we use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how users access and use the website. Also as mentioned above, part of this process, we may incorporate tracking technologies into our own website and services. In addition, we work with agencies, advertisers, ad networks, and other technology services to place ads about our products and services on other websites and services. For example, we place ads through Google and Facebook that you may view on their platforms as well as on other websites and services.
As part of this process, we may incorporate tracking technologies into our Services as well as into our ads displayed on other websites and services. Some of these tracking technologies may track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use, and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you (“Interest-based Advertising”).
We also use audience matching services (which is a type of Interest-Based Advertising) to reach people (or people similar to people) who have visited our website or are identified in one or more of our databases (“Matched Ads”). This is done by us providing a list of hashed email addresses to an ad partner or incorporating a pixel from an ad partner into our own Site, and the ad partner matching common factors between our data and their data. For instance, we may incorporate the Facebook pixel on our website and may share your email address with Facebook as part of our use of Facebook Custom Audiences. Some technology services may provide us with their own data, which is then uploaded into another technology service for matching common factors between those datasets.
For further information on the types of tracking technologies we use on the Services and your rights and choices regarding analytics, Interest-based Advertising, and Matched Ads please see the “What Information Do We Collect?” and the “Your Choices” sections above.
13. C H A N G E S TO O U R P R I VA C Y P O L I C Y
14. C O N TA C T U S
351 North Beverly Drive
Beverly Hills, California 90210